Thursday, January 13, 2011

Trash TV

I have a horrible confession to make - I love Trash TV.

You know what I am talking about, horrible shows like "For Love of Money," or "Rock of Love," or even, god forbid, shows like "Teen Mom" and "Jersey Shore" (the last two I don't really watch as I don't have MTV, but man, if I did...)

I was driving to the radio station today to do the show and heard a commerical for the new season of American Idol and felt this strange giddy feeling in my stomach. Does this mean the start of a new Trash TV season is upon us? Time for me to flop down on the sofa and watch horrible train wrecks like American Idol? The show has run its course, so why I am still so interested to see the first few weeks of episodes - is it because I just can't look away from the mockery it has become of itself.

When I lived alone, I watched whatever crap I wanted on the TV. Now that I am co-habitating with my partner and our son, I sometimes feel I need to put a cap on the Trash TV watching. I am the type of person who would leave the Celebrity Rehab marathon on all day. I find myself suppressing these urges for the sanity of my partner.

I miss my TV independence, but I also suppose its a good thing. By being embarrassed of my TV viewing habits, I have been forced to refrain from watching too much crap.

Thanks family...

No comments: