Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Vacation Drone...

Five weeks is a long time.

At first I thought five weeks would go by in a heartbeat, but now, they seem to be passing at a slow, leisurely pace. Who would have thought?

I have a little bit less than two weeks left till I return to work. And I am half looking forward to it and half not. I have really come into my routine here. I wake up early, I get the family off to daycare and work and then I eat breakfast and usually do a short 20 or 30 minute work out. Then it's a shower and I start my day.

I have come to really enjoy my morning work out - doing my EA sport video or going for a long walk, or even just jumping and dancing around to some music in the morning. I've decided to make this a habit and have been working hard at sticking with it and making it a routine.

So now, with my return to work looming on the horizon I've started to think about my morning workout. I think I would much rather get my workout done early in the morning, and then if I get any other activity in the day, then kudos to me. To do a short morning work out, I would have to set my alarm to go off at about 5:30 AM. Yes - you read that right. 5:30 AM. That would give me enough time to do my work out, get myself cleaned up, dressed and then move on to wake up the kiddo and get him going for his day at daycare.

This is something I am resigning myself to do, this is something I think I will have to do. I don't want to do this workout after work, I don't want to do it after my son is in bed. We live in an apartment and we doing the workout in the evening will occupy the whole living room area with my sweaty running around. That's not fair to the family. Besides, after work is a time to relax and spend with my son and boy friend.

So, an early morning work out it will be. I'm not sure how this will go but I am making a point to try and wrap my brain around this and to get myself prepped and ready for this. These are the changes I need to make in my life to improve my health and to get results on the diet/exercise plan I on. Others have done it before me and I know I can do it if I put my mind to it.

Wish me luck!

No comments: