Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Boxes, Boxes....

I'm sitting in the corner of the apartment where my desk is located. Usually, I can turn around and look around the whole apartment very easily, but not so today. I turn and I am confronted with a wall of boxes.

There are boxes everywhere in this place, making its spacious living quarters seem squished and tiny.

Yes folks, we are moving.

Our family of three have been living in a large one bedroom apartment since Hunter's birth. We didn't have the means or the opportunity to move into a two bedroom apartment before Hunter was born and decided that since he was small enough, and our apartment was big enough, we would manage with him in our room for the first year, but that we would upgrade to a two bedroom by the time he was one.

Well, that deadline came and went and we still found ourselves making this one bedroom apartment work for us. Hunter's crib was moved into our large walk in closet, which gave him his own 'room' As he got older and transitioned to his toddler bed, we removed most of the clothing from the closet and made it more like a little room for him. Toys and books and a tiny toddler bed in that closet, believe it or not, and Hunter really didn't seem to mind. He liked his little room.

But now, he is two, and his father and I need our own room, need our privacy.

Trust me, would have made this move sooner had opportunity present itself to us, but it only did recently. How fateful it was, the whole thing. We've been on a waiting list for a large two bedroom apartment in our building since before Hunter was born and finally, things have come together and we'll be moving next week.

So hence the boxes everywhere. While we are only moving in the building and don't really have to pack up everything, we are still packing up what we can in order to make the move quick and painless.

I hate moving. It stresses me out. My last move into this building was a bit of a gong show (between a bitchy landlord at my old apartment block and movers who thought it was groovy to show up hours later than the schedule time). Will I survive?

Stay tuned...

No comments: