Saturday, June 18, 2011

Settle Down

Mid June - summer feels like it is officially here. The Red River Exhibition is in town, which brings not only rain, but the true start of summer here in Winnipeg. It's here folks.

The move is finished. We had the final walk-through of the old apartment last week and have only one or two more boxes to unpack. Neither of us are excited to unpack these boxes - filled with odds and ends just shoved into a box near the end of the move. They are cluttered with strange things and oddly disorganized. I do want to get to them as I have only found one of my heavy marble book ends and would really like to know where the other is...

Kiddo is adjusting well to the new place. While we still sometimes deal with the same evening gong-show (please see "go the fuck to sleep" on youtube), on the whole things have really improved. Today, Hunter didn't come out of his bedroom to wake me up until 8:30. In the old apartment, he would be up and causing havoc and getting us up at 7 AM or sometimes earlier. Now, even if he is up early, he can entertain himself in his own room, which is such a godsend. I forgot what it was like to be able to sleep in a little bit. I know some of you won't consider 8 AM sleeping in, but when I start my work shift at 7:30 AM and have a two year old child, well, suddenly anything past eight is sleeping in. I'll take it, thank you very much.

The new place is beautiful. Huge master bedroom with an en suite. Kiddo's bedroom and our living room have an awesome view of the Forks (for those not familiar with Winnipeg, the forks is the place in our city where our two main rives, the Red and the Assiniboine meet. The area has been developed into a wonderful tourist stop that even the locals enjoy hanging out at. Shops, beautiful walk ways, and awesome areas set up for events). There are a few kinks that still need to be ironed out, but all in due time, I suppose.

Today, being that the Red River Ex is in town and that it is truly summer, we are taking Kiddo to Tinkertown, a little amusement park for young kids. It's for a work associated family picnic,and seems like a great way to spend the day with the family. Being that it's fathers day tomorrow, it will be great to get Kiddo out of the house to run and play. Tomorrow will be breakfast in bed and lots of sleeping in on Dad's part.

So I stopped to write this to mostly update on the move. Things have good well, I know where 98% of my crap is and Kiddo has adjusted beautifully to his room. What more can you ask for?

No comments: